5 Key Trends in FMCG Sector for 2021
Last festive season, the hiring was just 20% of 2019 and this time it could be around 40%. Retailers are upbeat about sales, but are apprehensive about how a possible third wave could affect the physical store sales.The industry appears to be bullish about the growth in festivity season demand led by a rebound in consumer confidence and sentiments. The festive sales are expected to register a 30% growth over the previous year.
The recent Employment Outlook Report for Q3 FY22 by TeamLease Services captures that the FMCG employers’ intent to hire for Q3 is at 59%, an increase of 8% from last quarter.
As a practitioner, I have closely observed the impact of COVID 19 and seen how the industry has coped up with this. Some of the key trends for the FMCG Sector in 2021:
- Hiring Needs and Patterns – Witnessing an 8% jump in FMCG Sector’s intent to hire for this quarter at 59%, the top cities like Delhi and Bengaluru leading in hiring for Sales Roles extensively. WFH Profiles for Business Continuity is a bleak option for this sector but with the ebbing of the second wave, the outlook is positive as festivities galore.
- Adoption of Digital Tools Processes by organisations – Pandemic forced digital literacy enabled and enforced positive outlook plus adoption of technology shifts for operational management. At TeamLease, 55% Hirings during FY21 were done through digital mode.
- Demand for Sales Roles – As per Jobs & Salaries Primer 2021, Salary Growth for Brand Manager was recorded at 8.34% followed by Business Coordinator profiles. While it has been seen that demand for sales roles in the FMCG Sector has touched a high of 34% for Q3.
- A surge in Upskilling and Training initiatives by organisations – Around 84% of respondents echoed that the upskilling initiatives have helped them get a better job/position.
- Adoption of Formalisation GAPS – The industry is moving towards Channel Salesforce Effectiveness with formalisation to watch out for GAPS – Ghost employees elimination, Attrition reduction, Productivity enhancement through tech, Statutory Compliance in light of the imminent rollout of labour codes.
Working With a Multigenerational Workforce: Benefits and Challenges
Benefits of a multigenerational workforce Each workforce from a different generation has a unique perspective shaped by their experiences, upbringing, and cultural influences; they bring...Read More
Growth of Hospitality Industry in India 2023 and Prospects for 2024
Surging Opportunities and Hiring Trends in 2024 Fueled by a surge in travel, India experienced a remarkable 50% increase in hiring for tourism and hospitality...Read More
Telecom Industry in India: The evolving landscape
Inventory in the Telecom Sector: In the telecom sector, inventory encompasses a range of tangible and intangible assets crucial for operations. This includes physical infrastructure...Read More
Workforce Expansion Strategies: New Hiring and Replacement Plans
Workforce landscape among industries, cities and functions In the dynamic workforce landscape, specific industries are at the forefront, showcasing evolving and strategic approaches in shaping...Read More
Job Market in India in 2024
Tech behemoths putting a stop to hiring? Silicon Valley's responses to economic downturns have impacted India's tech industry, with major companies halting hiring activities due...Read More